Dear Sir or Madam,
I recently purchased 4 Dynamixel AX-12 and a USB2Dynamixel for PC for a novel project I am currently working on. Please note that I am not using a Robot kit or building a typical Robot. Anyway I eventually managed to find the driver software for USB2Dynamixel – (in the USB2Dynamixel_software.zip download) I downloaded the software and got the following:
(1) The Dynamixel Manager (v0.93 beta) would recognise the AX-12 for a second or so and then crash
(2) Re-starting the Dynamixel Manager would make the system unstable and then that would eventually crash
(3) I have tried this on both Windows 7 and Windows XP and the same happens on both machines
I can confirm that the pin connections are correct for power (the LED on the AX-12 blinks as described in the manual) and the voltage (9.6v) is correct. I searched the web for an answer and came up with some answers where someone had had the same issues. At first the answer appeared to be to download the latest Dynamixel Software for PC v1.0.3 which it was claimed contained an updated version of the Dynamixel Manager (v0.97) – it didn’t.
Anyway a further search on the web and the answer appeared to be to download RoboPlus (v 184.108.40.206) software and use the Dynamixel Manager installed with that product. I downloaded and installed this but now I cannot connect to the AX12s at all. There is a new Dynamixel Manager software in this download (v1.0.0) but now, it cannot recognise the AX-12 at all. I can confirm:
(1) I have connected the USB2Dynamixel correctly and the switch on the side of it is set for TTL
(2) The driver for the USB2Dynamixel is installed correctly
(3) I have followed the USB2Dynamixel Manual and set the Latency (ms) to “1” accordingly
(4) This does not work on either Windows XP or Windows 7
Please note that I am not using a robot kit and need to control the AX-12 from PC directly. Can you help please?