I am using Open CM 9.04 + EXP board and XL 430 W 250 as per below pic. I used R+ Manager 2.0 to recover the firmware of OpenCM 9.04 and it was successful. But for "Update & Test" servo is not detecting. Also I tried with Arduino position_mode sketch, which is not giving result.
If I connect same servo to U2D2, I can successfully operate with Wizard 2.0
I am not sure why OpenCM 9.04 controller is not working.
I was now able to detect the Dynamixel with OpenCM 9.04i R+ Manager 2.0 and to see control tables.
However I was more interested in programming Dynamixel servo through OpenCM 9.04 and Arduino IDE. I tried using "Dynamixel2Arduino" Library and some of the examples such as position_mode or ping, bit couldn't see the effect with servo. I am not sure if I am missing anything with above mentioned setup.
In My R+ Manager 2.0 I am not able to see XL430 . Is it only communication issue with Dynamixel?
Thanks Kurteck for reply.
I have tired with Baud rate change and Dynamixle Channel value change as well. I changed those to 57600 and Open CM 485 EXP respectively through R+ Manager 3.0. However still I am yet to get get any communication to Dynamixel. Not sure what I am missing here. Same Dynamixel is detecting
/moving using U2D2.
Please see below video clip and detail settings are described under the video.
You need to match the Baud Rate(BUS) of OpenCM9.04 and Baud Rate of XL430-W250 before detecting DYNAMIXEL via OpenCM9.04 + EXP board.
Thanks for your help
Finally I was successful in moving servo using Arduino. The issue is R_Manager 2.0 doesn’t SAVE baud rate if certain sequence is not followed.
Here is the sequence I followed:
1. Update firmware through Open CM 9.04
2. Reconnect USB to COM again from Open CM 9.04
3. Open “Update & Test” and change baud rate to 1 (57600) and Dynamixel Channel to 3 and press SAVE
4. Restart EXP board and connect again USB of OpenCM 9.04
5. Open “Update and Test” but baud rate again went back to 3. So change baud rate in detected XL430 to 1 and then change baud rate in OpenCM 9.04 to 1 as well and press SAVE after each change.